Monday, January 30, 2012

The Forbidden Planet

In the movie "The Forbidden Planet", we get to see the future of human kind from a very different perspective. We see the extrapolation beyond our Earth and into the wonders of outer space. In the film, humans travel far away from Earth to rescue those who were abandoned on a planet that had never been seen before. When the rescuers land however, they learn of a new kind of extrapolation themselves (which I find ironic). They begin to see the technology that the creatures of the planet had built, and they got a glimps into what they were capable of with the help of the last surviving humans out of many. The biggest extrapolation that I saw in the story was the brain monitor. When they showed the intelect of the species living there compared to humans, people were seen as stupid though they held a very high IQ. I found that most interesting because I got a glimps into the mindpower that people will hold in many years as we advance more and more into the world of science and technology. One thing about the movie I also found interesting was the turn of events after the kiss in the garden. Suddenly, the animals were not friends with the girl anymore, and that was extrapolation in itself. Not only does it show the nature of humans to be disconnected with the environment, but I also saw it as somewhat of a foreshadow into what is to come for humanity when nature turns against us. By the use of our many new inventions, we have already turned against it. I did like this movie a lot because I found it very intertaining and it made me think a lot about our world, along with pondering what is to come in the movie and in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment