Thursday, January 5, 2012

Science Fiction Blog #1

My name is Dylan Gordon, I am a senior this year at Arapahoe High School this year, and during this last semester, I am in Mr. Allen's Science Fiction Class.
I have lived in Colorado all of my life and I love everything about it. Often, I go to the mountains with my family and/or friends and hike, camp, ski, and sometimes hunt. Other than that, I love sports including swimming, track (pole vaulting), and I like to play tennis for fun in the summer. My favorite sport of all time, however, is football. I watch football A LOT, and I spend my Sundays with my family watching the NFL. Along with sports, I play the flute with numerous different groups and I have been performing since I was ten years old. Another hobby is that I love horses, working with them, riding them, and just being around them. In my family, I have my mom, my dad, an older brother, a younger brother, and four younger sisters. When I'm older, I want to go into the medical feild, but I am still unsure whether I want to become a nurse, an OT, a PA, or a doctor. I guess I'll know all in good time.
My first experience in science fiction was when I was a little girl and I saw star wars for the first time. I loved the mystery surrounding the plot, and I loved the idea of forces, and obscure creatures. Since them, I have always loved Harry Potter, and other stories like it that are fantacies and invole imagination.
To me, that is what science fiction is. It is the world that exists beyond our own, one we cannot see, we can only imagine it. I brings a sence of curiosity to me, and I want to take this class because I find it very interesting, exotic, facinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment